YoUNG GLOBAL LEADERShip NETWORK
The Young Global Leadership Network
The Young Global Leadership (YGL) Network is an initiative of XEM Consultants Ltd. The establishment of the YGL Network was necessitated by the need to provide an avenue and a healthy network for young people to realize and grow into becoming responsible and contributory members of the society. As advocates for honing, harnessing and promoting the potential of young people to be a force of positive change, we’ve adopted the get-them-young philosophy to help guide young people into becoming responsible and contributory members of the society.
To achieve the goals of the Network, the Network organizes the YGL Mentorship Program and the YGL Annual Summit in August.
To become the leading brand in consultancy services in Nigeria and beyond.
To deliver innovative services and outstanding results, ensure seamless business integration, increase competitive advantage, and explore global opportunities beyond expectations.
The YGL Mentorship Program
The YGL Mentorship Program is designed for young people from the age of 8-15yrs. The mentorship program aims to equip young people with basic life and social skills that caters to their psychological & emotional needs, as well as society’s expectation of them. The mentorship program imbibes young people with vital life-long beneficial skills such as
- Organizational skills to help them with responsible decision making, prioritizing, time management etc.
- Cognitive and Analytic skills to help them with their education pursuit
- Domestic skills to improve their quality of life and address the associated lack of independence observed among young people
- Self-awareness and emotional intelligence skills to help young people with communication and expressing their unique identity.
The YGL Summit
Young Global Leadership Network Summit was initiated as an avenue to train, harness and mentor the potentials of young people by equipping them with skills needed to become pace-setters in their communities, and positive forces for global impact.
Our Strategies at the YGL Summit
- YGL Model United Nations (MUN) Simulation Session: Where they are introduced to International Affairs, Public Diplomacy and are given a voice to contribute their opinion on global issues that concerns young people around the world
- YGL Model Nigeria simulation on National issues: The YGL Simulation session also offers opportunity for members to represent issues that affect children from communities across Nigeria and present a communique which is submitted to the State and Federal Legislatures for consideration .
- Entrepreneurship Bootcamp: The YGL Summit also affords young people the opportunity to acquire valuable entrepreneurship skills needed for the progress and development of their communities and self realization. In the course of the YGL Summit, we have witnessed young people come up with some of the most innovative ideas to provide solutions to society’s pressing needs.
- Ethics and Public Speaking: The YGL Summit is committed to raising ethically conscious young leaders with the interest of their communities at heart, while honing their public speaking skills and making them into becoming great orators.